Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Mankato 1/2 Marathon - A New PR

The Mankato 1/2 Marathon was this past weekend, and I was one of about 1500 people to run in it.  I was able to train with a great group of runners at the Chaska Community Center, without them I am not sure if I would of finished with as good of a time, or as much fun.  I was able to run 3 times a week with a group of runners, within this group I found new friends, support and encouragement.  I loved every minute of it (I can say that now that it is over!).  We joke that we wont know what to do with ourselves now that the group runs are done.  The kids even looked forward to going to the Community Center daycare to play with the other kids from the running group.

I finished the race with a new 1/2 marathon personal record, beating my old time by 3 minutes.  I came in 974 out of 1421 and 199/317 in my age group with a time of 2:10:31.  I am very pleased with my finish!

We started the weekend with the KidsK.  Both kids did fantastic!


She is having a great time!  Smiling the entire race!

At the finish line

Still happy as can be, waiting for her medal!

KidsK finishers!  So proud of them

Admiring big brothers medal, next year buddy!


Me, Heather and Dan at the start of the race

Waiting for 8am to start the race, I have my running crew with me!

And we are off!

Carrie, Rachel and myself at about mile 3.  
2 of the great gals that had to listen to me breathe during many training runs, sorry gals!



At the finish line


Mankato 1/2 Marathon finishers!  Laura, me, Heather and Dan

No comments: